Sunday, June 13, 2010

In the Beginning....

It all began with a garden didn't it?

However, I'm not talking about Genesis here, but a vague sense of responsibility that I should actually do something with the backyard which came with the small unit I had recently purchased. This unit and block of land was now my permanent place of residence.. in amongst a concrete jungle, in the middle of tropical suburbia.



Moving in took place about seven months ago, but during that time, the vague sense of "I should do something to the backyard" began building into something more substantial. The niggling voice in my head (for there are several) turned into a palpable sense of required action. Maybe it stemmed from my reluctance to pay inflated prices for average-quality produce at supermarkets. Or the idea that a nice garden would increase the value of my home. Or the thought that I could perhaps contribute to a greener planet, while lessening my carbon impact. Or maybe it was purely about learning self-sustainability and self-education.

Whatever it was, I eventually made my mind up to DO something about my backyard. This blog will detail what happened/happens in putting that plan into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment