Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Passionate Trellis

My ever-helpful boyfriend has brought another one of my ideas to fruition.

I said to him the other day, "Wouldn't it be good if we had a passionfruit trellis?" as I showed him what I meant while we were in the garden.

So, using the existing fence as one side of the trellis, he constructed a curve with chicken wire, and attached it to three star pickets, which formed the other side of the finished trellis.

Now we have a nice arbour in which to provide some shade and cool. It also breaks the monotony of the garden, and adds some height.
The passionfruit vines are flourishing too, with no sign of disease or bug infestation. Which is a relief, after the pruning given to it by a neighbouring possum! I just wonder when it will fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment